Pages

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Friends and Birthdays

(Katherine Hepburn and Ginger Rogers, source)

Do you have one of those friends that you just can't NOT give presents to? You see it as your personal challenge to outdo yourself with every holiday?

I do my best to give all my closet friends and family some sort of gift for birthdays and holidays; at the very least,  I send a card. But when my friend Katie's birthday rolls around I just love finding gifts for her. I try to find the most obscure gift that everyone else wouldn't understand, but she will surely love it, even if it's just for the thought.

She turned a twenty somthin' somethin' number last week, so I sent her The Making of the African Queen: Or How I Went to Africa With Bogart, Bacall and Huston and Almost Lost My Mind. She adores Marilyn Monroe movies, and we've been known to have many a MM marathons. So, I thought this was the next best thing to Marilyn, and what a perfect coffee table book. 

Have you seen The African Queen? It's a wonderful film! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...