Pages

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Recipe: Smoothies


Remember those monthly resolution experiments? Well, March has certainly fallen to the wayside. I set out to try the Paleo diet, or a downsized version of it for March. With our trip to Nashville and family in town this past weekend, it has proven quite difficult.

Over the weekend, I decided to ban the last two weeks of disappointment from my mind and start afresh this week,  but this time, I chose to do something less life changing. Folks, we're now a smoothie household. Ok well, we've only held up for a few days,  but I have high hopes. 

Here are a couple of my favorite recipes so far . . .

Berry-Coconut Milk Smoothie
*1 cup unsweetened coconut milk 
*3/4 cup frozen mixed berries
*Dash of vanilla extract


*Adapted from Espresso and Cream

The Rainforest 
*1/2 cup mango chunks (fresh or frozen) 
*1 banana
*1/2 cup fresh orange juice
*1 cup baby spinach leaves

*1/2 cup coconut milk
*Directly from Say Yes to Hoboken 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...