Pages

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

On Entertaining

(photo via High Terrain, Brookyn Slate Co. product)

I've talked about what to get the host or hostess when you stay the weekend or simply join for dinner,  but as the host, what's your go-to dish to serve? My tried and true is a well thought-out cheese platter. I like to include a variety of cheeses, some light crackers or baguette, grapes or apple slices, and if I'm feeling saucy, I'll find some devilish fig chutney to add. To complete the platter and upon boy's constant request, I break off a few pieces of dark chocolate.
For my last birthday, he gave me a slate cheese platter from Brooklyn Slate Co. and I used it for the first time on Saturday evening. With the chalk they provide, you can write a quirky message to your guests or list the cheese names. I promise to snap a photo next time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...