Pages

Thursday, December 6, 2012

Christmas Tunes


The Rockettes arriving for a Christmas show at Radio City Music Hall, Dec 11, 1986
(photo source unknown) 

Do you like Christmas music? Do you burst with excitement when the Friday after Thanksgiving finally arrives, and you can unashamedly play your favorite holiday tunes?! Because I sure do! When we arrived in the D.C. airport after our honeymoon, I heard my first carol of the season, and needless to say, I was elated. Philip mockingly asked if I had just orgasmed when I heard that (TMI? Sorry P’s mom). It’s true though; I can’t get enough of Bing, Mariah, Perry, Mormon Tabernacle Choir and so many others around the holidays. Some of my favorites include . . .

*Nat King Cole’s The Christmas Song. I have a serious crush on Nat.  

*Jose Feliciano’s Feliz Navidad. My nephew and I always create “music videos” when I visit, and this is our best jam. 

*Judy Garland’s Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas. Have you ever seen Meet Me in St. Louis? One of my all-time favorite Christmas movies. 

P.S. I am loving the holiday music lists over at hiphipgingin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...