Pages

Friday, November 30, 2012

Wedding Tunes


Let's talk wedding, shall we? I have so many things I want to share, but firstly, one of the most difficult decisions for us was the music selection. Since we didn't get married in a church, we were limited to simply using a sound system, rather than instruments. I think it turned out lovely though; I hope our wedding guests would agree. Here are some of the songs we chose . .  .

For our families' processional, we chose One, Two, Three by Tammy Federman. Philip's family currently resides in Israel, and we liked the Hebrew touch to the ceremony. 



We played Postcards from Italy by Beirut for the groomsmen and bridesmaid processional. I snagged this idea from Rockstar Diaries' blog video since I thought it had the perfect cadence for a processional.  



For my bridal walk, I chose To Build a Home by the Cinematic Orchestra with Patrick Watson. I love the crescendo in the first few minutes of play, and the lyrics are just lovely and just what we wanted.  Winters ago, boy had put this song one one of his various 'mixed tapes' for me.



We played Comptine d'Un Autre Ete by Yann Tiersen from the movie Amelie during the lighting of the Unity Candle.



For our recessional, we chose Sugar, Sugar by the Archies. About two years ago, Philip and I found ourselves at a diner in D.C.  celebratory playing this song on the table jukebox at midnight. We had spent the evening test driving cars and finally bought  a little silver Elantra behind the diner with cold cash in a manila envelope. Shady? I think so, but it's one of my favorite memories with him.


For our first dance as husband and wife, we chose Wild is the Wind by Nina Simone. Nina is my all time favorite musician, and the dance was sultry and sweet. Just what we wanted. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...