Pages

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

O brother

Did you know I have a brother? Did you, all my avid blog readers out there? Which, let's be honest, most likely consists of three friends that are too sweet to not read. Well, I do have a brother; actually, two older brothers on either side of my older sister Meg, who brings my readership up to four. Siblings are such a funny thing; aren't they? You spend almost 18 years with these people, doing everything and going everywhere together, and then poof, one sibling spreads their wings, leaves the coop and then you really have to work on that friendship. Brandon (or affectionately known as Bub or Bubby) and I have had our years of waning closeness, our share of misunderstandings and miles and miles between us, but we have also had some really great moments. As adults, I feel as though sometimes, we're re- learning each other all over again. 

He visited this past weekend, and we caught up on life over a late night plate of Johnny Rockets' burgers, fries and of course, cherry cokes. 

Mr Dylan Thomas pretty much sums up siblings, “it snowed last year too: I made a snowman and my brother knocked it down and I knocked my brother down and then we had tea."





P.S. Blog shout out to my friend and future pediatrician, who just started a foodie blog.  She's one of the four. 

4 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...