Pages

Thursday, July 26, 2012

Dreaming

(Circa 2007 by boy; perhaps, I'll tell you the story someday)   

Oh Africa, how I do love you. Travel is such a luxury; don't you think? I hope I am never remiss in remembering. To cross the ocean divide and experience all that is the great continent of Africa is truly something to be grateful for. And, Isak Dinesen's words from Out of Africa always take me right there . . . 

“The Cicada sing an endless song in the long grass, smells run along the earth and falling stars run over the sky, like tears over a cheek. You are the privileged person to whom everything is taken. The Kings of Tarshish shall bring gifts.” 

In my travels, I usually resolve to a wardrobe of cargo pants, light tees and embarrassingly comfy walking shoes, but oh to wear this ensemble for my next African venture.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...