Pages

Thursday, June 14, 2012

Summer Must Haves (3)

I'm on the hunt for new summer reading as all my current books have landed on the nightstand gathering dust with only a few chapters read. The English major in me is saying to persist on, but I'm yearning for something new. How about The Makioka Sisters? It's been compared to a Japaneses version of the English show Upstairs, Downstairs and as an avid fan of Downton Abbey, this book sounds rather clever.

My {tried and true} friend Court posted photos of freshly cut hydrangeas the other day, and it reminded me that I have relaxed on having fresh flowers in my home as of late. I really do not think you can say summer more dramatically than with hydrangeas. Don't you agree?
(photo via Style Me Pretty


Summer would not be complete without margaritas. Check out this watermelon margarita recipe -The Blu Bunglalow- from Anthropologie, styled in cute confetti glasses. 


Have you heard of Ssekos sandals? Primarily based in Uganda, Sseko Designs uses fashion to provide job creation and educational opportunities for women. Their tagline is 'every sandal has a story.' I love that. You can style your sandals a variety of ways and order differently designed straps!


P.S. Summer Must Haves (1) and (2) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...