Pages

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Mirror Mirror


(via, artist unknown) 

I’m getting in the down-n-dirty today: talking self-image. So, ironically and fortunately, my opinions on my body become less and less critical every year, while my perception of my innermost self becomes more and more scrutinizing. I think this is called ‘growing up.’  Now don’t get me wrong, I still try to get to the gym regularly, eat a somewhat balanced diet, and probably spend too much time in front of the mirror each morning, but as I slowly (note: slowly) approach 30, I have become more comfortable in my own skin as the time passes.  From about the age of 15 to 20, I rarely wore shorts; I just didn’t like the way my legs looked. In my mind, the years of ballet had made my calf muscles resemble that of a linebacker, and my Norwegian tan (or lack thereof) didn’t help matters. Now, boy mocks how my cutoff jean shorts resemble the size of undergarments; looks like I’ve come a long way! It is truly a great feeling to embrace your curves. As my friend Leah always says, ‘this is as good as it’s going to get,  so work it out!’ Though, I hope I always feel that way with every passing year of age.


Another breakthrough for me, is to wear a two-piece suit. With a conservative upbringing and having to don those awkward onesies to summer camp, I always strayed away from the two pieces of fabric covering the unmentionables. But like I said, this is good as it gets, and I have refrained from eating bagels countless mornings so why not? I’m looking for a new summer suit, and I adore the Italian jersey collection from J Crew. How about this little berry number

Jersey Lomellina® glamour-girl bikini

P.S. All this talk makes me think of the Itsy Bitsy Teenie Weenie Yellow Polka Dot Bikini 



2 comments:

  1. Girl, no matter what you're wearing, the back of your head is ridiculous...as is the rest of your fabulous, stylish self.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my :) And thank you ma'am! xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...