Pages

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Lem Lem


I love, love reading blogs. I love writing my blog. What I don't love is seeing all these things- clothing, housewares, makeup, hair styles- that I supposedly need to have, and I'm certainly a guilty party. At some point, it just becomes materialistic and too much gimme, gimme.

But, they are some purchases out there that do more than simply provide a temporary high. Today, I'm kicking off a series to highlight products that give back and provide economic enrichment for the workers and local community in marginalized regions.

First up, Lem Lem. You may have seen Lem Lem scarves in J.Crew's spring collection. I visited the factory in Ethiopia during my trip in October where women weave these beautiful pieces. I love the Lila Wide Pants and the Lila Mini.



P.S. Be sure to check out Lem Lem scarves; they are gorgeous.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...