Pages

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Looking Back at 2012


I'm not one to reflect upon milestones such as New Years and birthdays, but it's been an exciting and trying year, at times, and I'd love to share a few of those moments with you.

At the beginning of 2012, I received a promotion at work which included a heap of responsibilities, and I have enjoyed every minute.

I also decided to co-lead the Many Hopes DC chapter with my good friend and fellow volunteer, Brooke. We've had our share of ups and downs, but I look forward to another year of leading our valiant team for the work in Kenya.

On May 8, my darling nephew Oakes graced the world with his presence. Oh how I love that little man.


On May 14, I kicked off BirdbyeBird as a means of writing again and to develop a creative outlet for myself. I am so looking forward to many more months of BbB.

I realized this past summer that I'm a sucker for olive martinis and half shell oysters. Who knew!?

On July 15, Philip asked me to be his wife outside my old home on Capitol Hill, and by mid August, we decided that a 2012 wedding sounded just right!

In October, I persuaded boy to wear a costume for Halloween. This will never happen again, mark my words.

Oh! I also traveled to Ethiopia for my job in October.  We saw some amazing development projects, and I fell in love with my work all over again.

On November 18, in a vineyard tucked away in the hills of Charlottesville, Philip and I became husband and wife. 

Philip and I traveled to Jamaica for our honeymoon, having a wonderful time (if you know what I mean ;) You probably do . . .

We moved into our first apartment together, celebrated our first Christmas together, and rang in 2013 as the Mitchell's!

Happy New Year darlings- love to you!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...