Pages

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Addictions

(white noise, by Matthias Heiderich)

Do you have any addictions? Do you ever just crave something so bad you won't rest until you have it?

Embarrassingly, I do. You see somewhere throughout the years, I started turning on a fan or heater, depending on the weather, before I went to sleep. You're thinking "space heater on all night? Well, that sounds unsafe." Yes, I know, and a complete electricity whore.

I love white noise. I need the low hum. I crave it. Last winter, boy bought me a mini sound machine to take on my travels. See? It's that bad.

Well last night as we're laying in bed discussing bills; romantic, eh? I promptly decided to turn off the fan and fall fast asleep, not giving in to my vices. It was one of the worst nights of sleep I have ever had. I heard every noise in the room, boy's breathing, the sounds outside- oy. I'm persistent though, and I have to believe that I can conquer this (insert maniacal laugh)!

 . . .

I'll let you know how it goes.

P.S. What are your vices or addictions? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...