Pages

Thursday, December 20, 2012

Signature Cocktails

(photo source unknown) 

One of my favorite things about our wedding was our signature cocktails- the PSM and CNM- titled by our initials. Our lovely friend, Sally, created a sweet little bar menu with descriptions of the cocktails and our list of spirits. The PSM was a Manhattan, Philip’s favorite drink, and the CNM was a French 75. Ironically, all the male wedding guests I bumped into were drinking Manhattans, and  the women seemed to take a liking to the French 75s. Manhattans are fairly straightforward; I’m sure Philip would say otherwise. I found the recipe for my drink on Saveur, and I’d love to share it with you.

Ingredients
1 oz. gin
½ oz. simple syrup
½ oz. fresh squeezed lemon juice
Brut Champagne or a dry sparkling white wine
Lemon twist, to garnish

Instructions
Combine gin, simple syrup, and lemon juice in a cocktail shaker filled with ice. Shake until well chilled and strain into a glass. Top with Champagne and garnish with a lemon twist to serve.


(our bar menu) 


P.S. I prefer my French 75 up with no rocks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...